03-12 13:59:16| http://www.wpjlr.com |八年级英语教案|人气:999次
Unit 6 Celebrations
Unit 6 part 1
I. Two famous Festivals in the texts:
1. In the United States the Christmas lasts from Thanksgiving through the beginning of January. Christmas Day itself, celebrating the day that Jesus Christ was born, is on December 25.In the weeks before Christmas, people decorate their homes. Green, red, silver, and gold are traditional colors. Another common tradition is to have a Christmas tree in the home. These trees are decorated with small colored lights and other decorations. Many people put a star or the figure of an angel at the top of the tree. At this time of year, people send Christmas cards to friends and family. These cards show typical Christmas pictures and inside the card there is usually a message such as “Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year” or “Season’s Greetings”. Another i mportant Christmas tradition is giving gifts to family members and friends. Young children wake up on Christmas morning hoping to find the to ys that Santa Claus left for them early during the night. Music is an important part of Christmas. People sing traditional Christmas songs such as “Silent Night” and “O Little Town of Bethlehem” and also popular songs like “White Christmas”.
2.This is the most important festival of the year. It is a time when all the family gets together –just like Thanksgiving and Christmas in the United States. …right n ow, Mrs. Zhang is cleaning the house. People clean their houses from top to bottom. Mr. Zhang is painting the window frames of the house with red paint. This is another tradition. I think red is supposed to be lucky color. Lucy, the Zhangs’ daughter, is writing out The Spring Festival Couplets to hang on the door. She’s painting with black paint on pieces of red paper. The couplets are very short—only two lines. Chinese people hang th ese couplets on their front doors—one line on each side of the door.…
Everybody wears new clothes.
Adults give small red packets containing money to young friends and children.
People say happy new year each other on the New year’s day morning.
时间状语：always, usually, often, sometimes, never, every day/morning…
e.g. (1) I /You/We/They always eat some special dumplings.
I / You/ We / They don’t always eat some special dumplings.
Do you/we/ they always eat some special dumplings?
Yes, I /we/ they do. No, I/we/they don’t.
(2) He/She/ It sometimes goes out for meal.
He/ She / It doesn’t sometimes go out for meal.
Does he/she/it sometimes go out for meal?
Yes, he/she/it does. No, he/she/ it doesn’t.
（1）大多数直接加-s make-makes, think- thinks
（2）以o, x, s, sh, ch, 结尾的加-es e.g. teach-teaches, go-goes
（3）以辅音字母加y结尾的，去y加-ies e.g. study-studies, copy-copies
时间状语：now, right now, Look! Listen!
e.g. I am
He/She/It is listening to music now.
We/You / They are
1. in 2008
in May, 2008
2. on December 25
on New Y ear’s Eve
1. be born
Many new babies will be born next year.
I was born in 1975.
2. get together
Chinese families get togeth er on the Spring Festival.
They are going to get together in Beihai Park.
3.tell sb. about sth.
Mary’s grandpa told her something about his hometown.
She will tell her friends about her travel experience.
4. thousands of
There are thousands of fresh flowers in park in spring.
Thousands of students went to see the art show last Tuesday.
5. It’s time for ..
It’s 7:00 p.m. It’s time for CCTV news.
It’s tim e for dinner.
6. arrive at/in
Mr. Smith will arrive in China next Sunday.
The boys arrived at the campsite late at night.
7. take care of
Mother often takes care of us alone when father goes out.
Miss Li takes care of the books in the library.
8. be decorated with
The car is decorated with red and yellow flowers.
The house is decorated with colored lights.[来源:学&科&网Z&X&X&K]
decorate tradition give type greet
1. Christmas trees _________________ with small colored lights and other things.
2. _____________ gifts is an important Christmas ____________ .
3. Green, red, silver and gold are _________________ colors of Christmas.
4. These cards show ____________ Christmas pictures.
5. Inside a Christmas cards, you may always see the words “Season’s ___________”
1. Look ! Who ___________(decorate) the house ?
2. Yesterday Mrs Li _________(make) a cake for her son.
3. They ________(eat) special dumplings this year.
4. Lucy always ________(go) out for a meal on Sundays.
5. ______ you _______(give) small red packets of money to the children last year
Christmas ________ _________ December 25th.
Christmas _________ the _____ of Jesus.
People _______ their house ______ a Christmas tree.
People _______ cards _______ friends.
Santa Claus _______ presents ____ children.
Unit 6 part 2
时间状语：yesterday, last night/week/year… three years ago, the day before yesterday…
e.g. We went to visit some friends yesterday.
We didn’t go to visit any friends yesterday.
Did you go to visit any friends yesterday?
Yes, we did. No, we didn’t.
(1)To form the past tense of most regular verbs, add-ed work-worked look-looked
(2) If a verb ends with a silent –e, just add –d. smile-smiled love-loved
(3) If a verb ends with a consonant and –y, change the y to i and add –ed. copy-copied study-studied
(4) If a verb ends with a vowel and a consonant, double the consonant and add –ed.
时间状语：tomorrow, next Sunday, in a few days, soon, this evening…
构成：主语+will + 动词原形+其他
第一人称I /we+ shall +动词原形+其他
e.g.1. He will invite his friends and neighbors to the party this S unday.
He will not (won’t ) invite his friends and neighbors to the party this Sunday.
Will he invite his friends and neighbors to the party this Sunday?
Yes, he will. No, he won’t.
2. I /We shall make a cake .
I /We shall not make a cake.
Shall you make a cake?
Yes, we/I shall. No, we/I shall not.
1. I had a fantastic time in New York. I was there for New Year’s Eve. We left Matt’s apartment at about seven thirty and walked towards Times Square. We hurried because we wanted to find a good place it watch the celebrations.
2.Ten seconds before midnight, everyone counted the seconds: Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven!... When the ball reached the bottom, it was New Year and everyone clapped and cheered and shouted. People smiled happily and wishe d us a happy New Year.
3.In many countries, when people blow out the candles on their birthday cake, they make a wish. They say that if you blow out all the candles in one go, your wish will come true.
4.In France, when they light the candles on the birthday cake, people take off a ring from their finger and they drop it around a candle. This, so people believe, will give them good luck.
5.In Mexico, people celebrate Epiphany (January 6th) with a special cake. Hidden inside each cake there is a small, plastic doll figure. By tradition, the person who finds the little doll in his or her piece of cake will invite everybody to eat on February2.
（四）Useful Expressions in the text.
1. Some people carried their children on their shoulder so that they could see better。
so that 引导的是一个目的状语从句，目的状语从句通常带有can, could, may, might 等情态动词，以表示目的，意为“为了，以便”。
e.g. Let’s start early so that we can get there at one o’clock.
She worked hard so that everything would be ready in time.[来源:学科网ZXXK]
e.g. It was still painful so that I went to see a doctor.
句型so… that 意为“如此……以至……”。so修饰形容词或副词，that引导的从句做状语表示结果。
She was so tired that she couldn’t think straight.
2. on one’s birthday
What will you do on your birthday?
Children would like to have parties on their birthdays.
3. take off
Don’t take off your sweater. It’s cold here.
The plane for Shanghai takes off at 9:00 in the morning.
4. send sth. to sb.
Western people often send Christmas cards to their friends before Christmas.
He sent a letter to his father last Monday, but hasn’t got a letter back.
Happy New Year!
I wish you good health!
Have a good weekend!
Good journey to you!
I wish you have a nice time.
I wish you have a good time.
We send you our best wishes!
May you success!
1. We went to Hong Kong to visit our grandparents. (就画线部分提问)
2. Mary and I spent a great time on Christmas Day. (就画线部分提问)
3. We ate a big turkey at Thanksgiving. (就画线部分提问)
4. May 12th is my aunt’s birthday. (就画线部分提问)
5. Mike didn’t go to school yesterday because he had a high fever. (就画线部分提问)
arrive in, arrive at, culture, clap, somewhere, nearby,
reach, thousands of, for, so that
1. It’s twelve o’clock now. It’s time ___________ lunch.
2. I will give you a call when I ___________ the airport.
3. He got up very early ____________ he could catch up with the early bus.
4. Is there a post office ____________?
5. When we learn a foreign language, it’s important for us to learn the ____________ of the language.
6. Be patient! The bus is ____________ at the bus stop immediately.
7. I remember seeing you ____________in Shanghai two weeks ago.
8. My father will ____________ Beijing this afternoon.
9. The professor made a wonderful speech, so everyone _________ __ and cheered.
10 . There were _____________ people on Tian’anmen Square on National Day.